The annual event of the Former Residents of China Association (FRCA) and the Israel-China Friendship Society (ICFS) was held on 20th December 2022 at the Chinese Culture Center in Tel-Aviv (CCCT). In the event we celebrated Hanukah and three generations of the Trigobov family sang for us Chinese and Hebrew songs as well as presented for us the rich history of their Harbin family. Ambassador Cai Run, attended the event and gave a warm speech. Mr. Yossi Klein, Chairman of FRCA informed us on a plan to establish a new Jewish museum in Harbin, and Mrs. Maya Yaron, Director of North East Asia at the Foreign Ministry, greeted the event and phrased the tightening of Israel and China relations. FRCA granted the scholarships to Israeli Students with Chinese heritage and ICFS granted the scholarships to Chinese Students who study in Israel.
Mr. Gal furer, Chairman of ICFS and Mr. Ariel Eldor, head of the scholarships committee submitted the scholarships to the Chinese students and Mr. Yaki Matalin, vice-chairman of ICFS, conducted the whole event very professionally. Finally, we wish to thank Mr. Shi Yuewen, Director of CCCT for letting us use the property and assisted in organizing this wonderful event.
This is the first time that Israel-China Friendship Society (ICFS) is organizing a trip to the Chinese Students in Israel
This time, in spite of the rainy day, 38 brave students from Tel-Aviv and Bar-Ilan universities joined us.
- We visited the Ayalon Museum in Rehovot, that was a secretive and illegal bullets’ factory during the British mandate
- We visited and hiked the Burma Road that helped to circumvent the Arabic siege on Jerusalem in the 1948 war
- We visited the new Sha’ar Ha’guy Museum to learn about the battles of the convoys to Jerusalem during 1947-1948
- Mr. Alex Nachumson who was born in Harbin in 1947 told us the story of the Harbin Jews and his own family.
- And we finished with a lovely Druse food that was served to us in the beautiful Emmaus Monastery near Latrun
We had a great fun to be with the young and energetic students and it seems that they also had a lot of fun.